Happy Friday lovely people! Hope y'all are still feeling that lovin feeling from Valentine's Day because I'm diving into our wedding story! So settle in, get comfy and grab some popcorn because this may take awhile.

After we got engaged, it was clear to me that Disney just HAD to be incorporated into our big day. The original dream (since I was about 16) was to get married on Disney property. However, our budget and family logistics had other ideas, but I would not change a single thing about our big day. I was determined to give our wedding a Disney vibe right here in the state of Texas. We got married on August 5, 2017, at Magnolia Bells near Houston, Texas. This place was an absolute dream. The venue is set back amongst these beautiful trees. When constructing the sight, they tried to leave as many trees as possible. It just made the venue feel so secluded and romantic. The ceremony location is a breathtaking chapel with an old bell up in the steeple that they ring as you leave the chapel after your I do's. The whole setting was ultra romantic and had SERIOUS Disney princess vibes.


Our day was a DIY dream (nightmare??) but I have to say that it was really rewarding to work on all of the details with my friends and family and see it all come together so beautifully at the end of it all. I am so thankful for my mother and sister for being so crafty because on my own I would not have been able to do it. Alright! Let's get into the details!

I don't know about you guys but one of my favorite things to do at Disney is to search for hidden Mickey's! So I OBVIOUSLY had to have one incorporated somehow. Y'all....my mom is a genius. She made my veil and guess what she included at the very center of the design?!?! THAT'S RIGHT, A HIDDEN MICKEY!
Talk about gorgeous!

You could say I was Disney from my head to my toes because the next Disney detail could be found on the bottom of my shoes. My sister has a Silhouette and let me tell you...she is SO creative. I knew I wanted whatever the phrase was to be a gorgeous sparkling baby blue. I got a lot of questions about why I would something on the BOTTOM of my shoe. "No one will ever see it, though". I got a lot of that. The answer was simple, this detail was solely for me. I knew it was something that would make me feel special and like a princess. The phrase I finally picked was "Once Upon a Time" because our love is like a fairy tale and that is how they all begin.
Now, with a dress fit for a princess, I had to have a dress hanger that went with it (I'm thinking if you give a mouse a cookie but instead it's: if you give a princess a dress!) This hanger was so gorgeous! Shout out to Etsy store GetHungUp for making such an amazing product. It really completed my princess feeling. I loved how I could personalize the wood color, what name I wanted on it, the fairytale/Disney design I wanted AND how I wanted the date put on. You guys should really check out the shop if you're in the personalized hanger buyer business.
Obviously, there are so many gorgeous Disney love quotes that had to be incorporated into the day. The first was from The Rescuers. The quote greeted our guests in the chapel along with our "unplugged" request. 
I had a very specific idea of what I wanted for our guestbook...the only problem was I was not actually sure what that was. Until I found a Beauty and the Best themed book from PaperBoundLove on Etsy. One of the best parts of it??? It matched our color theme perfectly!
I don't have any documentation of this but our DJ played instrumental Disney music during the prelude, which the thought of makes me so happy! Now, on to the reception. Instead of doing table numbers, we did Disney quotes! Each table had its own quotes that were handwritten by my wonderful mom and sister! Thanks, guys! It made me so happy to see all the love quotes throughout the reception venue. 








So, from my wedding attire, the welcome signs, our tables, all the way to our wedding cake. I found a beautiful cake topper from Cake Sparkle on *drum roll please* Etsy (shocker, I think there is a theme here!). It read "Dreams Come True" which is was the whole day truly was, a dream come true! 


 I don't know if I mentioned it in my last blog post but my all time favorite Disney movie is The Lion King. So I knew I wanted to include "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" into our day somehow. It ended up being our last dance song and it was the ultimate magical touch we could have included in our day. I will ALWAYS remember those last few minutes of our wedding day.

Well, if you have stuck it out this long, I have to commend you! I hope you enjoyed reading about how we included Disney into one of the biggest days of our life without having our wedding at Disney. No worries though, I have my eye on a vow renewal in about 5-10 years at the ever magical Walt Disney World!


All photo credits go to the ever wonderful Eric and Jenn Photography!

Comments

  1. Wow! You really thought of everything! How awesome! And the table signs are so cute! I’ll have to make sure to look up PaperBoundLove for my guest book! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a lot of fun planning our big day and finding ways to incorporate Disney! If you ever want to talk weddings, I'm down!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We're Going to Disneyland!